About the Solent Academies Trust
The Solent Academies Trust Board which currently includes members from Mary Rose Academy, Cliffdale Primary Academy, Redwood Park Academy and Littlegreen Academy secures the aims and vision for its schools by promoting the aspirations of children and parents, placing them at the heart of the community and working in partnership.
Mary Rose Academy is an all age special school for pupils aged 2-19 years. Mary Rose Academy has an outstanding Ofsted judgement and is a National Teaching School and a National Support School. Mary Rose Academy has a successful history of providing effective support to both mainstream and special schools and leads the Portsmouth Teaching School Alliance and the Portsmouth Challenge Partners Hub. Cliffdale Primary Academy is a primary special school for pupils with complex needs and autism. Cliffdale Primary Academy, under the support of the Solent Academies Trust has moved from being in special measures in May 2012 to being judged as Good with outstanding leadership and behaviour and safety in October 2013. Cliffdale has been assessed as outstanding across all areas in the recent Challenge Partners Review (October 2015). Redwood Park School is due to join the Trust from 1st December 2016. We look forward to welcoming the school and the benefits the partnership will bring to everyone.
To ensure consistent, high quality unified education that improves outcomes for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
We are committed to work together with our partner schools to:
- Ensure we meet our pupils individual needs, through a personalised approach
- Create learning environments that are welcoming, stimulating, challenging, motivating, rewarding, safe, caring and fun
- Encourage creative thinking, research and innovation to find the best ways of helping pupils to learn, communicate and make informed choices and decisions
- Develop highly skilled staff with a range of expertise and experience
- Develop strong partnerships with parents , carers and the wider community
- Manage resources efficiently and effectively for the benefit of the pupils
- Share our expertise to support learning communities, both locally and nationally, in their aim to provide a high quality, inclusive education for all