We began our rehearsals in October 2015 with an introductory dance day based around time travel and looking at different dance styles and music from a range of eras.
Throughout rehearsals our concept grew to tell a story about a grandfather and grandson who travelled through time to find the elderly, frail grandmother’s watch.
Students worked hard each week to rehearse each section including the 1970’s disco scene, the 2000’s factory scene and the 2020 retirement party scene. Students enjoyed exploring dance moves related to each era.
We had a great time taking part at the Guildhall on Wednesday 16th March. We really enjoyed watching all the other schools rehearsing and meeting lots of new friends. We rehearsed in the afternoon and then got our hair, make up and costumes on ready for show time! We had selected 5th for order of performance and had a fantastic time on stage performing our piece ‘Finding Time’ to the audience with lots of brilliant achievements made by all students.
We were delighted to achieve 3rd place over all on the night along with a number of other awards including –
- Award for 10 years involvement in Rock Challenge
- Award of Excellence for Lighting
- Award of Excellence for Drama
- Award for Positive Inclusion
- Award of Excellence for Video Performance
- Award of Excellence for Visual Enhancement
- Award of Excellence for Set Design and Function
- Award of Excellence for Entertainment
- Award for Performers’ Choice
- Award of Excellence for Concept
- Award for Healthy Lifestyle
Well done again to everyone that took part!